I wanted to setup a Hyperion Planning 18.104.22.168 environment to try out new features under this release and thought of creating an application from the extract files of one of my app which I had used long back for training and proof of concept. I created a new Planning app shell similar to the app I was about to import.
Since 22.214.171.124 LCM offers ability to upload the LCM extract from shared services console in to File System directory (import_export by default), I followed these steps to upload the LCM extract.
On trying to open the app under the File System, it did not display any of the artifacts in the detail pane. Initially, I thought it could be some system error and restarted the services once. But that didn't help. On digging into the documentation, online forums and help from Nitesh, I realized that starting 11.1.2, LCM has undergone changes when it comes to importing and exporting of artifacts. Any artifact from 126.96.36.199 need to be first upgraded to 188.8.131.52 before migrating to 11.1.2. That is what was happening with this extract too. The SourceInfo.xml in the extract provide details about the LCM version used to create extract.
Few of the changes that can be easily identified:
- The console no longer has the option to 'Define Migration' while importing or exporting artifacts
- The LCM export in 11.1.2 stores the import and export definition XMLs.
Lets export the newly created app shell and compare the two extracts to find out how they differ. Lets name the LCM extract for the app shell as RETL_POC_APP.
- The 184.108.40.206 extract have the import.xml along with info and resource directories which did not exist in old extract. This is because old version allowed us to create migration definition file
- The listing.xml in 220.127.116.11 have a property "id" for folder tag which does not exist in the listing.xml from 18.104.22.168. But this field does not seems to have any unique value which may cause any problem during import. Lets ignore it as of now
- Providing the Import.xml (Migration definition file), LCM 22.214.171.124 was able to identify object to import.
- Users & Groups must exist in Shared Services to get migrated
- Standard Dimensions - Period & Year may not get imported as the number of years and period hierarchy may depend how we have defined them in target